Welcome to District 28
Upcoming Events(click on month for events)
- October 24-26, 2014. "Sun, Sand, Serenity" Uniting recovering women while promoting fellowship, spiritual growth and understanding through the 12 Steps.
Located at Canby Grove Christian Center, 7501 Knight's Bridge Rd., Canby, OR
- October 31, 2014 @ 8 pm. $$$ for best costume! Plus $$$ kids costume contest!!! Kids under 12 FREE!!!!
Located at Under the Bridge, 5601 S. Puget Sound Ave., Tacoma, WA
- November 1-2, 2014. "Spiritual communion, concentrated step studies (steps 4-6), speakers and fellowship". $70 by Sept. 15 includes meals, lodging & snacks!
Located at Grinwood Retreat Center, Hicks Lake, 6115 30th Ave. S.E., Lacey, WA
- November 13, 2014. Fellowship @ 6 pm, Potluck Dinner @ 7 and AA speaker @ 8. There is plenty of space for everyone!
Located at Chehalis Indian Tribal Center, 19027 Anderson Rd SW, Oakville, WA
- November 14 - 16, 2014. Speakers, ice cream social, all the usual fun! $30 basic registration.
Located at Ocean Shores Convention Center
- December 5, 2014. Christmas ball & dinner at the Lewis & Clark Hotel in Centralia. The holiday event of the season!!! Live music and dancing! Formal attire requested. $25 per person.
Located at 117 W. Magnolia St. in Centralia
- December 26 - 27, 2014. "A New Freedom" Speakers, workshop, potluck and comedy show! $30 basic registration. Less crowded with same quality speakers!
Located at Seaside Convention Center
- January 9 - 11, 2015. RSVP no later than December 13th, 2014. 1st 100 men paid in full. $148 per person. Located at G.O.A.A.T. Ranch in Portland, OR.
- February 20 - 22, 2015.Facilitated by Bob D., Las Vegas, NV. $140 includes all meals and lodging.
Located at Warm Beach Camp, 20800 Marine Dr. NW, Stanwood, WA.
Don't see what you are looking for?
New ABHS Panel Participants Needed!!!!
- ABHS is going to begin AA panel meetings in their Chehalis facility. This is an excellent opportunity to carry the
message to their patients. All that is needed is a background check to screen for violent felons. Comnplete this FORM and return
to Nickie. Don't wait!!! Help carry the message!!
Wednesday Night Salkum Meeting is Open!!!
- The Wednesday night Starting Over Group at the Salkum Library is once again meeting at 6pm. Help the meeting get off to a good
start!! Your support is appreciated! Click Here for meeting details.
New Meeting at Greenhill
- District 28 have been given the thumbs up to start taking meetings into Green Hill school.
You will need to fill out a background check and a volunteer application before you can go in.
Please get a hold of Wes Y. if you are interested in doing this type of service work. We always need people
to carry the message. Thank You!
Don't see what you are looking for?
If you Think You Have A Drinking Problem...
No one wants to admit they have a drinking problem. If you find that once you start drinking you drink more than you intend and when you truly want to quit drinking for good you find that you can't then you may be an alcoholic. It wasn't easy facing and accepting the fact that we couldn't drink safely but today many of us live productive, comfortable lives without alcohol. It is important to understand that alcoholism is a disease and there is a solution to our common problem. You are not alone. We have discovered a new way of living without alcohol. Visit us at a meeting and begin the journey of a lifetime! Click here for a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area and we'll see you at a meeting!
For more information and a questionnaire to determine if you may be alcoholic click the button below.
If You Are Concerned About Someone Else...
Watching someone you love and care about struggle with alcoholism is difficult. Why won't they quit? Why can't they see the harm they are causing? These are some of the symptoms of the disease of alcoholism. Most alcoholics would surely quit if they could and few want to harm those they love. The nature of the disease prevents them from changing. Alcoholics Anonymous can help. If your loved one is ready to quit drinking Alcoholics Anonymous can help. For a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area click here. You can't force anyone to start the AA way of life but you can offer information about recovery in AA.
To the Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers, Therapists and Other Professionals...
Perhaps you have a client that is unable to fully benefit from your services due to trouble with alcohol. Many of our members started their recovery with help from the professional community. Teachers, doctors, lawyers, therapists and other professionals from fields unrelated to alcoholism are often the first to recognize the symptoms of alcoholism. There are members available in this community to help you understand how Alcoholics Anonymous can help. Sometimes all it takes is providing your client with a schedule. For a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area click here.