Welcome to District 28
Upcoming Events(click on month for events)
- August 22 - 24, 2014. Head To Heart: Discovery To Recovery.
Located at Pilgrim Firs Conference Center, 3318 SW Lake Flora, Port Orchard, WA
- August 22 - 24, 2014. Don't miss it this year. Space limited to the first 50 people.
Located at Yakima Sportsman State Park, Yakima, WA
- August 22 - 24, 2014. Chili cook-off, Pie bake-off, raffles, hiking, and Fun Fun Fun!!
Located at Mt Rainier Lions Club, Washington 706, Ashford, WA
- August 23, 2014. Districts 7, 21,27,28 & 37. Bring a snack to share.
Located at Longview PUD, 961 12th Avenue, Longview, WA
- August 28 - September 1, 2014. Potlucks, Speakers, Meetings.
Located at BLM Fisherman's Bend Recreation Site, River Road Southeast, Mill City, OR
- Sept. 6-7, 2014. "The Way Out" 75 Years of the Big Book. $25 Basic Registration Visit their website
Located at: Clark College (Gaiser Hall), 1933 Ft. Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA
- September 6. Speakers Krista from Seattle and Thom from Hollywood 8pm - 9pm. Presented by WA State Council of Young People In AA (WSCYPAA)
Located at Lake Sammamish Foursquare Church, 1443 NE 8th St, Bellevue, WA
- Sept. 12-14, 2014. "We Are Not a Glum Lot" Talent show and Art Gallery. Early registration get a free prize. Attendance limited to 650 women.
Located at Seaside Convention Ctr., Seaside, OR
- September 13, 10am - 9pm. "How It Works" with Sharon C, Los Angeles, CA and Marty J, Vancouver, BC. Refreshments, Ice Cream Social, Fun and Fellowship!!
Located at Phinney Ridge Community Center Phinney, 6532 Phinney Avenue N, Seattle WA 98103
- September 13 1pm - 4pm. Presented by District 35, Issaquah, WA.
Located at 745 Front Street South, Issaquah, WA
- September 27 1pm - 4pm. Presented by the Everett Conference Committee.
Located at Tulalip Tribal Center, 6700 Totem Beach Road, Tulalip WA.
- October 3-5 2014. "Our Path to Serenity" Bridging the gap between AA and Alanon. AA Speaker: Jennifer F. (Portland), Al-Anon Speaker: Jeri Lynn V.(Tacoma)
Located at Pilgram Firs Conference Center, Port Orchard, WA
- October 24-26, 2014. "Sun, Sand, Serenity" Uniting recovering women while promoting fellowship, spiritual growth and understanding through the 12 Steps.
Located at Canby Grove Christian Center, 7501 Knight's Bridge Rd., Canby, OR
- November 14 - 16, 2014. Speakers, ice cream social, all the usual fun!!
Located at Ocean Shores Convention Center
Don't see what you are looking for?
The Sunday Night Morton Meeting Has
returned to its regular meeting space at Sacred Heart Church, 7th and W. Main Street, Morton!!
- Beginning on Sunday, July 6 the Morton meeting will return to its original meeting space at Sacred Heart Church.
Be there on Sunday and welcome them back!!!
Saturday Spiritual Breakfast Meeting Returns!!!
- The Saturday Spiritual Breakfast is now being held at 10:30 AM at the Sunbirds Restaurant on, you guessed it, Saturdays!
Add it to your schedule and help it get off to a strong start!
New Meeting at Greenhill
- District 28 have been given the thumbs up to start taking meetings into Green Hill school.
You will need to fill out a background check and a volunteer application before you can go in.
Please get a hold of Wes Y. if you are interested in doing this type of service work. We always need people
to carry the message. Thank You!
Mukilteo Bonfire Meeting Every Saturday
- Going to be in Mukilteo on a Saturday? Don't miss the potluck, fun and fellowship at
Mukilteo Beach every Saturday throughout the summer. Potluck starts at 6pm. Meeting at 7pm.Click here for the flyer
American Behavioral Health Systems (ABHS)
needs speakers and meeting attendees.
- Contact Nickie S. for more information
Don't see what you are looking for?
If you Think You Have A Drinking Problem...
No one wants to admit they have a drinking problem. If you find that once you start drinking you drink more than you intend and when you truly want to quit drinking for good you find that you can't then you may be an alcoholic. It wasn't easy facing and accepting the fact that we couldn't drink safely but today many of us live productive, comfortable lives without alcohol. It is important to understand that alcoholism is a disease and there is a solution to our common problem. You are not alone. We have discovered a new way of living without alcohol. Visit us at a meeting and begin the journey of a lifetime! Click here for a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area and we'll see you at a meeting!
For more information and a questionnaire to determine if you may be alcoholic click the button below.
If You Are Concerned About Someone Else...
Watching someone you love and care about struggle with alcoholism is difficult. Why won't they quit? Why can't they see the harm they are causing? These are some of the symptoms of the disease of alcoholism. Most alcoholics would surely quit if they could and few want to harm those they love. The nature of the disease prevents them from changing. Alcoholics Anonymous can help. If your loved one is ready to quit drinking Alcoholics Anonymous can help. For a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area click here. You can't force anyone to start the AA way of life but you can offer information about recovery in AA.
To the Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers, Therapists and Other Professionals...
Perhaps you have a client that is unable to fully benefit from your services due to trouble with alcohol. Many of our members started their recovery with help from the professional community. Teachers, doctors, lawyers, therapists and other professionals from fields unrelated to alcoholism are often the first to recognize the symptoms of alcoholism. There are members available in this community to help you understand how Alcoholics Anonymous can help. Sometimes all it takes is providing your client with a schedule. For a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area click here.