Welcome to District 28
Upcoming Events(click on month for events)
- September 23 - 25, 2016. "Thoroughly Followed Our Path" Journey Through The 12 Steps.
Located at Red Lion Inn 1225 N Wenatchee Ave, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Register online here.
- September 25, 2015 11am to 5pm. Potluck with Burgers, Dogs, coffee & water provided by group donations. Plus a great speaker & games.
Located at Alexander Park 1101 Riverside Road West, Chehalis, WA
- October 1, 2016 from Noon to 8:30pm. Meetings, Panels, Service Fair, Dinner & Fellowship! Closing speaker: Leslie B. from Las Vegas. Funded by 7th Tradition donation and District Support.
Located at Ballard Church 1460 NW 73rd St., Seattle, WA 98117
- October 07 - 09, 2016. "Our Spiritual Way of Life Steps, Traditions, and Concepts" For all DCMs, GSRs and their Alts. Friday and Saturday meal options as well as Friday ice cream social. $40 basic registration.
Located at Vancouver Convention Center at The Hilton 301 W. 6th St.,Vancouver, WA 98660
Online registration coming soon! here.
- October 7-9, 2016. "Building Honest Relationships" Meetings, fellowship, speakers, meditation, yoga, arts and crafts, activities, free time and TALENT SHOW on Saturday night!
Two nights cabin lodging. Registration Deadline: $135 must be received no later than August 31st to save your spot.
Located at Pilgrim Firs Conference Center 3318 SW Lake Flora Rd. Port Orchard WA 98367
- October 07 - 09, 2016. "More and more on the plane of inspiration" $20 pre-registration fee.
Located at Quality Suites 5188 Wittenberg Lane, Keizer, OR
For more info visit their website here.
- October 14 - 16, 2016. "The How and Why of it" Speakers, Workshops, Meetings, Fellowship and more! $39 basic registration.
Located at LaQuinta Inn 1425 E. 27th St., Tacoma, WA 98421
Visit their website for more info here.
- October 14 - 16, 2016. Speaker meetings, sobriety countdown, panel discussions, marathon meetings and fellowship! $30 early registration. $35 at the door.
Located at Shoreline Conference Center 18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- October 15, 2016 from 9am to 2pm. Hosted by District 8. Fellowshipping at 9am. Lunch at noon (Potluck). 7th Tradition observed.
Located at Good Shepard Lutheran Church 1601 North St. S.E., Olympia, WA 98501
- October 22 - 23 2016. Re-energize your program with your brothers in AA! Enjoy a peaceful, rustic lodge on beautiful Hicks Lake. Meet new friends, renew old friendships.
Retreat Focus: Steps 1-3. $70 registration. Partial scholarships available. Contact Rob A. (206) 510-5506 or Eric W.(360) 561-7197. Registration info is on the above link.
Located at Grinwood Retreat Center, 6015 30th Ave SE, Lacey, WA 98503
- October 22, 2016. 9am - 2pm. Fellowship at 9am. Sponsored by District 28. Breakfast goodies & lunch provided.
Located at Fred Hess Kitchen @ Recreation Park SW 13th St., Chehalis, WA 98532.
- November 04 -05, 2016. "From An Entirely Different Angle" Featuring Katie & Charlie Parker (Austin, TX) $30 registration
Located at Mountainview Christian Church 1890 Cleveland Ave., Gresham, OR 97030
- November 11 - 13. Speakers, AA, Al-Anon, & Adult Children of Alcoholics Workshops and Meetings. Basic On-Site Registration $35.
Located at Ocean Shores Convention Center, 120 W Chance a La Mer NW, Ocean Shores, WA 98569
Visit their website here.
- January 06 - 08. "Lennie Z. Memorial Retreat" Retreat Coordinator: Bill C. Only 50 spots are available. Cost is still $140. Register early on 2nd page of the flier.
Located at Menucha Retreat Center 38711 Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019
- April 21 - 23, 2016. Women's Big Book & 12 Step Conference. Online registration open now!
Located at 4 Points Sheraton Hotel 714 Lakeway Dr, Bellingham, WA 98229
Visit their website here.
Don't see what you are looking for?
High County Meeting in Mossyrock Needs Support!!!
- The Tuesday & Thursday night High Country Meeting at the Mossyrock Grange is in need of support. The meetings are at 7:00pm.
start!! Your support is appreciated! Click Here for meeting details.
New Meeting at Greenhill School
- District 28 have been given the thumbs up to start taking meetings into Green Hill school.
You will need to fill out a background check and a volunteer application before you can go in.
Please get a hold of Shauna K. at 360 740-0909 if you are interested in doing this type of service work. We always need people
to carry the message. Thank You!
New Women's Meeting
- There is a new women's meeting at the XII Step Club at Yardbirds in Chehalis. It is an open meeting for women that starts 2 6pm on Tuesday evening and is child friendly.
Don't see what you are looking for?
If you Think You Have A Drinking Problem...
No one wants to admit they have a drinking problem. If you find that once you start drinking you drink more than you intend and when you truly want to quit drinking for good you find that you can't then you may be an alcoholic. It wasn't easy facing and accepting the fact that we couldn't drink safely but today many of us live productive, comfortable lives without alcohol. It is important to understand that alcoholism is a disease and there is a solution to our common problem. You are not alone. We have discovered a new way of living without alcohol. Visit us at a meeting and begin the journey of a lifetime! Click here for a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area and we'll see you at a meeting!
For more information and a questionnaire to determine if you may be alcoholic click the button below.
If You Are Concerned About Someone Else...
Watching someone you love and care about struggle with alcoholism is difficult. Why won't they quit? Why can't they see the harm they are causing? These are some of the symptoms of the disease of alcoholism. Most alcoholics would surely quit if they could and few want to harm those they love. The nature of the disease prevents them from changing. Alcoholics Anonymous can help. If your loved one is ready to quit drinking Alcoholics Anonymous can help. For a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area click here. You can't force anyone to start the AA way of life but you can offer information about recovery in AA.
To the Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers, Therapists and Other Professionals...
Perhaps you have a client that is unable to fully benefit from your services due to trouble with alcohol. Many of our members started their recovery with help from the professional community. Teachers, doctors, lawyers, therapists and other professionals from fields unrelated to alcoholism are often the first to recognize the symptoms of alcoholism. There are members available in this community to help you understand how Alcoholics Anonymous can help. Sometimes all it takes is providing your client with a schedule. For a schedule of meetings in the Lewis County area click here.